While some say, it takes skills to win at casino games, some say casino games are sheer luck and nothing else. No one knows as sometimes tricks beat luck and sometimes luck beats tricks. While no one knows what it is, the fact is that there are some players who ace at winning casino games and have become millionaires and billionaires only by gambling. Some gamblers always win and earn money like anything. Such players could be counted at every casino or every gambling game or every city or at every country. However, there are some globally known gamblers who are said to be the richest gamblers. Here’s a list of the 5 richest gamblers of all time:
- Bill Benter: Bill Benter is one of the most famous gamblers. Holding a degree in physics, Bill was very comfortable with numbers and keeping a count of them. He used his skills at blackjack tables to count cards. He would win at every game. It was definitely not a coincidence as his winning streak lasted for 7 years. He was unbeatable and he took down the house. He was feared by the players as well as the house so much so, that he was banned from the casinos in Vegas. He then moved to Hong Kong and with a friend named Alan Woods began working on a formula that was effective in predicting the winner in a horse race. This formula was then used to create a software which is by far the most accurate software. Bill Benter is one of the revered names in gambling and certainly one of the richest gamblers.
- Edward Thorp: Edward Troop is one of the legends in gambling and is one of the richest gamblers in the world. One of the sharp minds in the gambling world, Edward has a doctorate in mathematics and holds a degree in physics. He used his intelligence to count cards and developed a computer simulation of blackjack by using the strategy developed by him. He has authored the book, “Beat the Dealer: A Winning Strategy for the Game of Twenty-One” which is nothing less of a guide to ace at casino games. He is one of the members of the well known Blackjack Hall of Fame. He has developed a method for backgammon called as the “troop count” and also formed a baccarat syndicate.
- Doyle Brunson: Doyle Brunson has played gambling for over 50 years of his life. He was a professional poker player and also won the World Series of Poker twice and also earned a lot of money in the high stake poker tournaments. Brunson was the first player to have won $1 million in poker tournaments. He has compiled his knowledge about poker and gambling tricks he used in several books. In his gambling career, Brunson has managed to win more than $6 million. Doyle has lived his life off poker and is one of the richest gamblers.
- Zeljko Ranogajec: The name Zeljko Ranogajec is known to everyone as the richest gambler because of the massive earnings he has got from gambling. He is called “the Joker” because of how he wins every game that he plays and has ever played. Hailing from Australia, Zeljko is a successful business and bets professionally. His total annual turnover is for over $1 billion dollars.
From betting only on blackjack, he began counting cards and emerged as a winner in BlackJack in Australian casinos. He slowly expanded his betting arena and today he also gambles in Horse racing. Ranohajec is also a sports bettor and makes massive profits on his investment of over billions of dollars every year.
- Billy Walters: Billy Walters is among the richest gamblers in the world. He has a net worth of over $200 million. He has an overwhelming track record of winning huge over his bets. He is claimed to have won a whopping $2 million in a single day! He makes high bets and wins big.
These gamblers are some of the richest gamblers in the world!